Friday, October 21, 2011

You just never know where the road might take you.....


Since I've last checked in, I've been to Kentucky, Canada, Missouri, West Texas--Big Bend, Miami, FL, and whole lotta points in between!

Thank you so much to all my family, friends, and clients who have been so patient as this business grows faster than I can keep up! I am really enjoying the many aspects of photography and the business. (ok, not so much the business side...... ;) This summer season I had the priveledge of being a part of many weddings and plenty of other various assignments. Product photography, studio lighting, and more advertising have been directions that are quite different from portraits and nature. Some of my favorite work is concert photography! There's always so much to learn! Being a continual student at heart, it's all right up my alley! =)


This summer brought an unexpected delight. I entered an international photography contest and placed in the top 5 of my category. We travelled to Fort Lauderdale, FL to the gallery and awards ceremony. Artist Haven Gallery exhibited my work for the month of August and September. It was quite emotional to see my work hanging in the gallery and seeing it being enjoyed. My work "Yellow Leaf" is also in a book created by the gallery.


(My entry is the large piece on the left of red and yellow fall leaves.)

Check out the gallery and the images here:

http://www.artistshavengallery.com/events/


I've had a great oppurtunity to work with my son, Blake, who has his own business making films and video. He can convert all your old home movie VHS tapes into DVDs and even make a menu system! If that could help you get some of those huge tapes out of your home making more space and be able to enjoy those beloved family vacations and holidays, drop him an email at tbearmediaservices@gmail.com. He converted my wedding video into a DVD and after 21 years even made the quality a bit better. Nice!

Well, I know I've been a pitiful blogger. I've focused on editing and training and not blogging for now, but when the new website is up and running, that is where I will be uploading all my new stuff.

Back to business..........Seniors are all ready booking! Contact me for available dates. I can customize your invitations with your favorite image and sentiment. Inquire for current pricing and packages.

Also, those Christmas card photos need to be taken in November. I have a few dates left!

May your fall be filled with thankfulness and gratitude!

It's all about Light~

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment